Got extra eggs on hand? Here are over 200 recipes that use a LOT of eggs! Every egg heavy recipe in this ultimate list has 4+ eggs! So let’s get cracking!
I don’t know about your hens, but in early spring it seems like mine go straight from famine to feast. After running to the coop every hour because I need “just one more egg,” suddenly I have more eggs than I know what to do with.
And then it’s like I can’t even remember how to use a lot of eggs. My default is to get in a rut and scramble all the eggs until I don’t want to scramble another egg ever again.
This year, I’m trying to be more creative and find tasty ways to use all those extra eggs the hens are laying. (And when there’s such an abundance, I’m making sure to preserve enough eggs so my winter baking isn’t as dependent on that next fresh egg to be laid.)
So I’ve put together the ULTIMATE LIST of egg recipes that use a lot of eggs! Every recipe has at least 4 eggs (or can easily be modified if it was only 1-2 servings). But many of these egg heavy recipes have 8, 10 or even 12 eggs!!
I know this is a HUGE list! If you need to get through those eggs even faster, check out our shorter list of egg recipes that use at least a half dozen eggs.
200+ Recipes that Use a LOT of Eggs
How to Cook Eggs: The Basics
Let’s start with the basics! One of my favorite ways to clear out a lot of eggs quickly is to make a big batch of hard boiled eggs to keep in the fridge.
We toss them on top of salads, bash them up for egg salad sandwiches, and eat them as snacks with a little salt and pepper. This is a staple we always have in our fridge when eggs are abundant and a great way to use a ton of eggs!
One of the tricky parts of hard boiling fresh eggs is that they tend to have sticky shells and are usually hard to peel. Check out this post on easy-peel hard boiled eggs if you’re having trouble!
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Country Buttermilk Scrambled Eggs
- Poached Eggs
- Fried Eggs
- Sheet Pan Eggs
- Homemade Mayonnaise
Hearty Breakfast Ideas with Eggs
Who doesn’t love a big hearty breakfast? One of our favorite things to do on Saturday and Sunday mornings is cook up a glorious breakfast in our pajamas, a great way to start the day!
If you’re a fellow meal prepper, many of these egg-heavy breakfast dishes can be made ahead and frozen or stored for quick, easy to grab breakfasts when you’re heading out the door to work or school. We love to keep a big batch of breakfast burritos and breakfast muffins in the freezer for just such occasions!
- Bacon Wrapped Egg Cups
- Breakfast Pizza
- As-You-Like-It Breakfast Casserole
- Scrambled Eggs & Hummus
- Parmesan Egg Clouds
- Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Nachos
- Eggs Benedict
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Artichoke Souffle with Goat Cheese & Thyme
- Taco Egg Breakfast Muffins
- Green Cauliflower Shakshuka
- Avocado Egg Toast
- Breakfast Skillet with Roasted Potatoes & Eggs
- Three Cheese Bacon, Eggs, & Grits Breakfast Pizza
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
- Sausage Potato Pie
- Roasted Red Pepper, Black Bean & Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostados
- Mexican Egg & Sweet Potato Breakfast Scramble
- Croque Madame
- Dutch Baby with Smoked Gouda, Tomatoes, & Arugula
- Italian Breakfast Casserole
- French Toast Bagel
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Meat Lovers Breakfast Skillet
- Spinach & Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs
- Spicy Eggs Bacon & Kale
- Feta & Roasted Red Pepper Tartlets
- Egg in a Hole with Spicy Bacon & Guacamole
- Breakfast Enchilada Bake
- Turmeric Oven Scrambled Eggs
- Spicy Moroccan Fried Eggs
- Everything Cheesy Potato & Egg Bake
- Fried Cornbread & Eggs
- Zucchini Proscuitto Egg Muffins
- Baked Denver Omelet Breakfast Casserole
- Grilled Smoked Sausage Breakfast Scramble
- English Breakfast
- Clean Egg Zucchini Muffins
Baked Breakfast Recipes That Use a Lot of Eggs
These dishes are perfect for those special occasion breakfasts like birthdays, the first day of school, Christmas morning, and Easter! Cook up a big batch of baked breakfast for when you’re having guests or just want to do something special for your family. Our absolute fave is enjoying coffee cake while chatting with guests over some lovely lattes!
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- Dutch Baby Pancakes
- Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Strawberry Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Baked Banana French Toast with Pecan Crumble
- Berry French Toast Casserole
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Brioche Doughnuts with Coffee Cream
- Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- Zucchini Muffins
- Cinnamon Walnut Chocolate Muffins
Egg Recipes for Dinner
While we certainly adore breakfast for dinner, these egg dishes bring a little more sophistication to the event. Glorious pies, stratas, pizzas, and puddings adorn this list so you can cook to impress! These dishes would be great fo special occasions but wonderful to incorporate into your weekly menu too!
- Baked Eggs with Mushrooms & Spinach
- Asparagus Artichokes Ham Strata
- One Pot Smoky Eggs & Beans
- Sweet Corn & Zucchini Pie
- Sheet Pan Steak Eggs & Potatoes
- French Onion Strata
- Baked Eggs & Zoodles with Avocado
- Italian Style Breakfast Strata
- Four Cheese Strata with Tomatoes & Zucchini
- Bacon & Egg Stuffed Potatoes
- Flatbread Brunch Pizzas
- Italian Sausage Pepper Bake
- Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese
- Easy Migas
- Pesto Chicken Strata
- Savory Mushroom Bread Pudding
Breakfast Taco Recipes
Breakfast and tacos are two of my favorite things, so why not combine them for some absolutely lovely dishes? Many of these taco plates are the perfect way to use up fresh veggies from the garden or the farmers market, and with inclusions like kimchi tacos and Texas breakfast tacos, there’s something here for everyone!
- Farmers Market Breakfast Tacos
- Fully Loaded Breakfast Tacos
- Sweet Potato Bacon Breakfast Tacos
- Chorizo Fried Eggs Breakfast Tacos
- Texas Breakfast Tacos
- Summer Breakfast Tacos
- Fried Egg Tacos
- Kimchi BreakfastTacos
Tasty Frittata Recipes
When I was growing up, frittata was always served up when we needed to feed a hungry crowd. There’s nothing better than a skillet full of eggs, veggies, meat, and potatoes to fill you right up! Frittatas are the perfect dish for Sunday morning breakfast or special holidays.
- Smoke Salmon Frittata
- Charred Corn & Poblano Frittata
- Slow Cooker Jalapeno Bacon Frittata
- Farm Fresh Frittata
- Potato Bacon Cheddar Frittata
- Ratatouille Frittata
- Chorizo Potato Kale Frittata
- Carmelized Onion & Eggplant Frittata
- Charred Corn & Poblano Frittata
- Brussels Sprouts Bacon Gruyere Frittata
Quiche Recipes That Use a Lot of Eggs
I’m a little ashamed to admit, I didn’t try quiche until I was a full grown adult. It always seemed like a fancy food you’d only eat when brunching.
Little did I know, this wonderful dish is incredibly versatile and a great way to use up extra eggs as well as little bits and bobs of things from the fridge.
We also love to incorporate fresh veggies from the garden in our quiches. The zucchini quiche is a real favorite, as it uses up a lot of zucchini and eggs, two things we have in abundance in the summer!
- Mushroom Asparagus Leek Quiche
- Spinach & Gruyere Quiche with Hash Brown Crust
- Chipotle Chicken Quiche
- Quiche Lorraine
- Butternut Squash Arugula Bacon Quiche
- Ham & Broccoli Quiche
- Pizza Quiche
- Mini Quiche (4 Ways)
- Western Omelet Quiche
- Farmers Market Quiche
- Sweet Onion Herb Quiche
- Spinach Tomato Quiche
- Crustless Zucchini Quiche
Omelet or Omelette?
Whichever way you love to spell it, this dish is a winner! Once you master the technique of omelette making, it’s an easy way to use lots of eggs in a very healthy meal. Sometimes we also have omelettes when we enjoy breakfast for a dinner, a favorite in our home!
- Ham & Cheese Omelet
- Mushroom & Spinach Omelet
- Italian Melt Omelet
- Greek Quinoa Dinner Omelet
- Pesto & Roasted Tomato Omelet
- Bacon Spinach Tomato Omelet
- Chorizo Omelette
Sinfully Delicious Deviled Egg Recipes
We’re the people who always bring deviled eggs to parties, because it’s one of the best ways to use lots of fresh eggs, and they just taste better than those made from store-bought eggs! We recently realized deviled eggs don’t just need to be for parties, we can make them and eat them anytime we want!
Since then, we’ve been playing with a lot of these recipes to make delightful snacks that our family just loves.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs
- Fried Deviled Eggs
- Pepperoni Pizza Deviled Eggs
- Chipotle Deviled Eggs with Chorizo
- Wasabi Ginger Deviled Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Beets & Smoked Salmon
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
Egg Salad Recipes
Whether you love egg salad sandwiches or eggs on salad, this list is for you! Egg salad sandwiches make for great lunches, especially if you use some of your extra eggs to make your own mayo too! Double win!
Eggs add so much delicious savory flavor to boring salads, we love tossing hard boiled eggs on top of them just to break up the monotony! Not only are they tasty, eggs are a great source of protein too, and can take a salad from a lame side dish to a perfect complete meal!
- Classic Potato Salad
- Scotch Eggs
- Green Goddess Egg Salad
- Curried Egg Salad
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Spring Vegetable Egg Salad
- Classic Egg Salad
- Red Potato Salad with Avocado & Eggs
- Greek Steak Salad
- Warm Spinach Salad with Egg
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Mediterranean Chickpea Egg Salad
- Deviled Eggs Pasta Salad
- Chicken Avocado & Egg Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Fennel Asparagus Salad
Bread Recipes Using Eggs
Nothing says tasty like a good enriched bread, and eggs are the perfect way to do that! Brioche is one of our favorite things to bake in this house, we like to butter the buns to go with dinner, use them for sandwiches, and even make ice cream sandwiches with them!
These versatile bread doughs use a lot of eggs and will be sure to please everyone in your family!
- Easy Challah
- Cinnamon Date Walnut Brioche
- Apple Honey Challah
- Sandwich Buns
- Sweet Cornbread
- Pumpkin Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Snickerdoodle Bread
Dessert Recipes That Use a Lot of Eggs
Now we’re onto my favorite part of the list, desserts! Who doesn’t love a tasty cake with a side of homemade ice cream?
We bought the ice cream maker attachment for our kitchenmaid mixer a few years ago and we just adore making ice cream on a hot summer day. The taste of fresh homemade ice cream simply can’t compare to store bought, and it’s a great way to use the fresh eggs from your flock!
- Angel Food Cake
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake
- Strawberry Daiquari Pavlova
- Chocolate Pudding
- Pumpkin Custard
- Homeamde Eclairs
- Creme Brulee with Candied Bacon
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Lemon Bars with Honey & Thyme
- Double Chocolate French Silk Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Coffee Marble Chiffon Cake
- Vanilla Pudding
- Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova
- Rasberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Ice Cream
- Mini Cheesecakes
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Meringues
- Hot Chocolate Souffle
- Flourless Chocolate Torte
- Coffee Macaroons
- Chocolate Vanilla Cheesecake
- Raspberry Chocolate Semifreddo
- Lilac Meringues with Lemon Curd
- Lavender Lemon Pound Cake
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Coffee & Cream Pavlova
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Foolproof Crepes
- Raspberry Souffle
- Perfect White Cake
- Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake
- Custard Pie
- 12-Yolk Pound Cake
- Lemon Bluebery Loaf Cake
- Poppyseed Cake
- Grapefruit Curd
- Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Strawberry Dandelion Cake
- Double Baked Chocolate Meringue Brownie
Bottoms Up! Drinks with Eggs
While I’m not a fan of eggnog or other drinks with raw eggs, some of my family just love them, and they’re absolutely better tasting when you make them at home from farm fresh eggs!
Make Ahead & FREEZE Breakfast Recipes Using Eggs
These breakfast recipes are perfect for those who are always on the go. Spend a Saturday or Sunday morning cranking out a pile of burritos, waffles, sliders, or muffins, pop them into the freezer, and you have meals for days! Simply stick them in the toaster oven for a few minutes before you head out the door every morning.
We’ve found meal prepping to be a fantastic time saver, and if you can also use up some of your extra eggs in the process, you’re really winning!
- Breakfast Sliders
- Egg & Biscuit Muffins
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Easy Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
- Pumpkin Apple Waffles
- Southwestern Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Kale Mushroom Feta Breakfast Burrito
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Breakfast Sandwich
How to Preserve Extra Eggs
Still have extra eggs after all those recipes? Don’t let them go to waste! Preserving fresh eggs is easy and will make them last much longer so you can enjoy them in the off season. Take it from me, when winter rolls around and your flock stops laying, you’ll be glad you put up some eggs for later!
Check out our most favorite ways to preserve farm fresh eggs!
- Make homemade pie crusts and freeze them in small discs
- Dry homemade egg noodles
- Beet Pickled Eggs
- Habenero Pickled Eggs
- Cajun Pickled Eggs
- Freezing Eggs
- Lemon Curd
- Soy Sauce Eggs
- Dehydrated Eggs
- Fermented Eggs
- Powdered Eggs
- Smoked Eggs
- Curry Pickled Eggs
- Jalapeno Pickled Eggs
- 30 ways to preserve extra eggs
Still looking for more recipe ideas? Check out our Egg board on Pinterest! It’s all eggs, all the time!
What is your all-time favorite recipe that is heavy on eggs?